Everything God created was designed to fulfill a specific purpose. The sun was designed to shine its light during the day and the moon to shine at night. These two elements were not designed with the same properties; The sun is a ball of fire while the moon is made of dust and rocks. But, Each understands their purpose and they have no problem fulfilling it.
REBELLION IS LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF DIVINE PURPOSE
What would happen if the sun became envious of the moon and refused to shine its light? Or what would the situation on the earth be if the moon moves out of its orbit and chooses not to shine? what would the night sky look like if the stars refused to glow and shine? There will definitely be chaos and reordering of God’s divine purpose.
REBELLION IS A SEED OF UNGRATEFULN ESS AND COMPARISON (Romans 1:20-24, Isaiah 66:3)
A Japanese man named Toco recently spent over $10000 to fulfill a childhood dream of being a dog. This man, apparently dissatisfied with being a human sought to redesign himself as an animal whom he was created to rule over.
God’s divine purpose was for all humans to rule over birds of the air, the fish of the sea and all animals that walk the Earth. Genesis 1:28 What about men and women who abandon the divine purpose and order of marriage to pursue their own inordinate desire? Roman 1:26-27.
Some women abandoned the divine order of procreation while certain men chose other men for marriage.
FIVE KEYS TO OVERCOMING REBELLION
1. Be thankful for how you’re designed. Psalm 139:14. We’re not all designed the same way. Though we’re all human, we come in different sizes, shapes, skin colour, eyes colour, heights etc. Be grateful for how you’re designed and fulfill your divine purpose on the earth
2. Don’t compare yourself to others. 2 Corinthians 10:12 because God designed us differently from others, focus on you. Are you the sun made of fireballs, don’t try to be a star. Shine in your brilliance. Stay in your orbit
3. Do something each day in the line of your purpose. Proverbs 22:29. When you wake up each morning, do something that helps build confidence in your purpose. Are you a pastor or missionary, preach the gospel, study the Bible. Whatever you’re called to do, do it consistently.
4. Don’t follow every voice. John 10:27-28. Whose voice do you follow each day? Some people cannot miss another episode of Judge Judy, Oprah Winfrey, etc. Do we wake up each day to hear God’s voice? You can easily miss your direction in life without heaven’s GPS in your luggage each day.
5. Humble yourself before the Lord. Isaiah 66:2. If you’re not humble, you won’t be teachable. If you’re not teachable, you will remain mediocre. Mediocrity can lead to frustration and then rebellion. Mediocrity means you’re not good enough. That’s a dangerous place to be.
God wants us to attain the height of our purpose and design in life. We can live a fulfilled life if we understand our design and its purpose. Shalom!